Range of services
Fraunhofer IGB provides a specific process for industrial users where products are dried with superheated steam at atmospheric pressure. Research and development tasks referring to clients’ potential products – such as building materials, feeding stuff, food or organic fertilizers – are performed in several labs and technical plants. For research, development and process applications on behalf of industrial clients, the Fraunhofer IGB operates in both stationary and mobile labs. Equipment for analytics and powerful software tools used to simulate and design prototypes are also available.
The following services are on offer
- Scientific characterization and specification, research on tasks related to drying and heat transfer
- Development of specific drying process concepts according to the individual needs of customers
- Layout and specification of process by an interdisciplinary team with expertise in process engineering, design, chemistry, microbiology and electric engineering
- Laboratory plants for test trials
- Product-related analysis of the drying process with a wide range of analytic equipment and competences
- Design specification of process unit and components, e.g. by integrated combination of 3D CAD design and numerical modeling of fluids, heat transfer etc., with latest software releases
- Assisting and monitoring clients from first test trials up to commissioning of a plant
We cooperate with a network of qualified engineering companies in order to implement our clients’ concepts as accurately as possible.