Range of services – biogas production from sludge and organic waste
For more than 40 years Fraunhofer IGB has been developing biotechnological processes for the treatment of water and waste – from the microbiological fundamentals to a technical and pilot scale plant.
The range of our services extends from digestion tests on laboratory scale to determine the degradability and the biogas yield, to investigations on pilot plant scale to determine design parameters for biogas plants, to the realization of plants on technical scale in cooperation with engineering offices. All developments are carried out with the aim of providing optimal and specific solutions for the user.
- Feasibility studies: Investigation of the fermentability, quantification of the biogas yield of substrates / cosubstrates
- Characterization of solids and substrates: Qualitative and quantitative biogas analysis, analysis of substrate ingredients
- Specific analysis of processes with the aim of process improvements: elimination of faults, increase of efficiency, process optimization
- Anaerobic processes as an alternative to aerobic processes
- Determination of potential for increasing the performance of processes, e.g. wastewater treatment, biogas plants, sewage sludge digestion
- Process development for anaerobic treatment of organic residues, e.g. from agriculture, food processing, production
- Technical implementation up to pilot scale
- Scientific support during the commissioning of processes on a technical scale